Salat is an obligatory act of worship for Muslims. The importance of Salat has been given in the Quran.
God says “Surely Prayer restrains one from indecency”. (29:46) Surah e Luqman
The benefits of Salat are as follows:
- Salat is an exercise that reduces cholesterol in the body that causes heart failures, strokes, diabetes and many other ailments.
- Salat is an exercise that prevents indigestion.
- In salat the part of takbir increases the flow of blood towards torso.
- In tashah’hud provides a form of relaxation to our entire body and releases tension.
- In sajda when you touch your fore head on the ground increases fresh supply of blood to our brain.
- Holy Prophet said, “There is an organ in the body, when it is healthy, the whole body is healthy, and when this is sick, the entire body becomes sick”. It is the heart. Salat gives exercise to the heart and makes one healthy.
- Salat has many orthopedic benefits for all Muslims. Salat is a perfect exercise to protect the body from Bacteria and viruses’. It prevents the body forms the diseases like arthritis, painful joints and paralysis.