This is where you are required to follow all year round but when the month of Ramadan comes you are required to worship Allah (SWT) and repent from sins between you and your Lord. Start the month by getting busy in good deeds and worshipping refraining from other aspects which will contribute to unnecessary activities and all this is to be done by clean heart and peace of mind this is where Allah (SWT) says (interpretation of the meaning): “And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful” [al-Noor 24:31].
2. Du’aa (supplication)
3. Rejoicing at the approach of the blessed month: Allah (SWT) says (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: ‘In the Bounty of Allah, and in His Mercy (i.e. Islam and the Quran); —therein let them rejoice.’ That is better than what (the wealth) they amass” [Yoonus 10:58]
4. Discharging the duty of any outstanding obligatory fasts:
5. Seeking knowledge in order to be able to follow the rulings on fasting and to understand the virtues of Ramadan.
6. Hastening to complete any tasks that may distract the Muslim from doing acts of worship.
7. Sitting with one’s family members – wife and children – to tell them of the rulings on fasting and encourage the young ones to fast.
8. Preparing some books which can be read at home or given to the imam of the mosque to read to the people during Ramadan.
9. Fasting some of the month of Shabaan in preparation for fasting Ramadan:
10. Reading Quran:
These are some of the very tips which will help you to make things different and for further information and knowledge on the beautiful month of Ramadan search for more online resources.