Friday 4 May 2012

The response of the people of Nuh, peace be upon him, to the demands of his people



I take refuge with Allaah from the accursed devil.
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem: In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
Welcome to my blog and praise the Magnificent Lord as you enter: Allahu Akbar: Allah is the Greatest .
May the Peace and Blessings of Allah Azza wa Jal, our Lord Glorified and Praised be He, be upon our beloved  Prophet, his Family, and Companions.
The response of the people of Nuh, peace be upon him, to the demands of his people.
قَالُواْ أَنُؤْمِنُ لَكَ وَاتَّبَعَكَ الاٌّرْذَلُونَ
(111. They said: “Shall we believe in you, when the inferior follow you”)
قَالَ وَمَا عِلْمِى بِمَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ
(112. He said: “And what knowledge have I of what they used to do”)
إِنْ حِسَابُهُمْ إِلاَّ عَلَى رَبِّى لَوْ تَشْعُرُونَ
 (113. “Their account is only with my Lord, if you could (but) know.”)
وَمَآ أَنَاْ بِطَارِدِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
(114. “And I am not going to drive away the believers.”)
 إِنْ أَنَا إِلاَّ نَذِيرٌ مُّبِينٌ
 (115. “I am only a plain warner.”)
Surah 26 Ash Shuara Verse 111-115
Tafsir Ibn Kathir
They said: “We do not believe in you, and we will not follow you and become equal to the meanest of the people, who follow you and believe in you, and they are the lowest among us.”
(They said: “Shall we believe in you, when the inferior follow you” He said: “And what knowledge have I of what they used to do”) meaning, `what does it have to do with me if they follow me No matter what they used to do before, I do not have to check on them and examine their background; all I have to do is accept it if they believe in me; whatever is in their hearts is for Allah to know.’
(Their account is only with my Lord, if you could (but) know. And I am not going to drive away the believers.) It seems that they asked him to drive these people away, then they would follow him, but he refused to do that, and said:
(And I am not going to drive away the believers. I am only a plain warner.) meaning, `I have been sent as a warner, and whoever obeys me and follows me and believes in me, then he belongs to me and I to him, whether he is noble or common, upper-class or lower-class.’

No comments:

Post a Comment